Registration is now open for PELA's Annual Retreat on August 26-27, 2021! You may attend in person or virtually, or a combination of both. (If you plan to attend any portion of the retreat in person, please register as in person so that we can plan for food accordingly.) Regardless of your registration, all attendees will be provided with instructions on how to access sessions virtually.
If you plan to register in person, you must register on or before Tuesday, August 17. You can register to attend virtually up to and including Wednesday, August 25.
If you have any questions regarding the PELA Retreat or your registration, please contact Adam Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ariel DeFazio at email@example.com.
AGENDA (available here)
Thursday, August 26:
- Updates from the CDLE’s Division of Labor Standards and Statistics (Mary Donachy, Jessica Long, & Scott Moss)
- Invisible Minority: The Asian American and Pacific Islander Experience (Joie Ha & Benjamin Nguyen from CORE) *Approved for 1.2 EDI CLE credits*
- The PHEW Act: More than Just Pandemic Protection (Emily Stevens)
- Cross Examination: The Most Fun Allowed by Law (Tyrone Glover and Darold Killmer)
- Attorneys Behaving Badly 2: Bad Lawyers for Life (Ben Lebsack and Jon Olafson) *Approved for 1 ethics/professionalism CLE credit*
- Updates from the CCRD (Aubrey Elenis, Courtney Longtin, Luke Pearson-Okafor)
- My Mind is Playing Tricks on Me: How to Frame Emotional Distress Claims (Phillis Rambsy)
Friday, August 17:
- My Experience as a Juror and How that Impacted my Role as a Judge (Judge Christine M. Arguello-virtual presentation)
- Overcoming your Fear of Suing Public Entities: Immunity and other Unique Concepts to Consider in Suing the Government (Ian Kalmanowitz)
- Panel: What's up with Colorado Wage Law? (Susan Hahn, Adam Harrison, Dave Lichtenstein, & David Miller)
- That Way Madness Lies: 17 Ways to Avoid Taking the Case You’ll Hate Yourself For (Dave Lichtenstein)
- Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act Update (Rachel Ellis and Mary Jo Lowrey)
- Us v. Them in the Employment Case (Heather Leonard-virtual presentation)
- Case Law Update (Sarah Parady & Barry Roseman)
Approved for 15 CLE credits
PELA Case of the Year
The Case of the Year will be announced at the retreat! Please send your completed nomination form to Susan Hahn at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, July 30, 2021.
PELA Retreat Silent Auction
Please contact Marisa Williams at email@example.com regarding donations to the Silent Auction. If you already have an item in mind, please e-mail a completed Annual Silent Auction Donation Form to Marisa.
Sponsorship for the PELA Retreat
Please contact Ben Lebsack at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have ideas for companies that may be interested in sponsoring this year’s retreat.